Describe the game. What was the purpose of the game?
Describe and explain your strategy during the game.
What is a short- term decision?
Why are they bad?
- Short- term is bad because it stops to be develop.
Why could somebody in a situation of poverty get stuck in a cycle of short-term decision-making?
- Maybe because it keeps happening and happening. If this happens, people cannot go to school because they don’t have much money. Then they cannot get education, also they will be having a hard time farming to earn money.
What could get them out of this cycle?
- There are one solution: More efficient farming.
What is a long-term decision?
- It is opposite of the Short- term, which is a strategies that you can apply in order to develop.
Why are they good?
- There are no problem that stops to get develop, and because there are no problems, people can go to school, to get education and to earn money.
Why do long-term decisions lead to development and increased standards of living?
-
What did you learn from playing this game?
- During I was playing this game, I thought earning money is really difficult and also to be healthy. This game was really hard because when I got a trouble, I lost most of my money or my things. So I felt so sad that some people in this world get this type to things.
Which SLR does this experience identify most closely with and why?
- I think the SLR ‘Learn Enthusiastically’ can identify most closely with this experience. The reason that I picked this is that when I did the game, just I said, I felt hard and also sad that there are people who live like that. So I think we need to learn Enthusiastically to understand that people and to care them.
Which MDG’s does this simulation relate to and why?
Image (also screen shot onto desktop) – and URL (remember to source properly!)
One sentence explaining why you chose that image
- End hunger and poverty.
You could include a quote…at the start or the end…this helps to give your work ‘power’.
Include the reflections from your blog and responses to the videos on the Moodle and sources on the blog.
Write as a google doc.
Email name: Global Issues, your first name, 3rd World Farmer Reflection
Save the document as: Global Issues, your first name, 3rd World Farmer Reflection
This makes it so much easier for me to save and file in my system. Thank you!
Upload as a blog posting for homework.
So two places – E portfolio & Blog J
- I think the purpose of the game is to think how are we going to earn money and to be healthy. Also, we have to think hard, not just to whatever we want.
Describe and explain your strategy during the game.
- My strategy is to farm. I thought I need money to buy something, and also I thought medicine need money, so I did many farming, so I earned big amount of money.
What is a short- term decision?
- Short- term is a reality - how to get food, how to pay for it. Development has stopped and survival has taken over.
Why are they bad?
- Short- term is bad because it stops to be develop.
Why could somebody in a situation of poverty get stuck in a cycle of short-term decision-making?
- Maybe because it keeps happening and happening. If this happens, people cannot go to school because they don’t have much money. Then they cannot get education, also they will be having a hard time farming to earn money.
What could get them out of this cycle?
- There are one solution: More efficient farming.
What is a long-term decision?
- It is opposite of the Short- term, which is a strategies that you can apply in order to develop.
Why are they good?
- There are no problem that stops to get develop, and because there are no problems, people can go to school, to get education and to earn money.
Why do long-term decisions lead to development and increased standards of living?
-
What did you learn from playing this game?
- During I was playing this game, I thought earning money is really difficult and also to be healthy. This game was really hard because when I got a trouble, I lost most of my money or my things. So I felt so sad that some people in this world get this type to things.
Which SLR does this experience identify most closely with and why?
- I think the SLR ‘Learn Enthusiastically’ can identify most closely with this experience. The reason that I picked this is that when I did the game, just I said, I felt hard and also sad that there are people who live like that. So I think we need to learn Enthusiastically to understand that people and to care them.
Which MDG’s does this simulation relate to and why?
Image (also screen shot onto desktop) – and URL (remember to source properly!)
One sentence explaining why you chose that image
- End hunger and poverty.
You could include a quote…at the start or the end…this helps to give your work ‘power’.
Include the reflections from your blog and responses to the videos on the Moodle and sources on the blog.
Write as a google doc.
Email name: Global Issues, your first name, 3rd World Farmer Reflection
Save the document as: Global Issues, your first name, 3rd World Farmer Reflection
This makes it so much easier for me to save and file in my system. Thank you!
Upload as a blog posting for homework.
So two places – E portfolio & Blog J
No comments:
Post a Comment